Thursday, November 15, 2007

Disintegration of the Species

By Dennis L. Siluk

(An Essay)


I live as an idealist, what this really means to me is I live and appreciate life on earth, be it fair or not fair around me. It doesn’t matter if one becomes important or not to the world, or even if one sees it—perhaps he or she will only see his or her surrounding area, life is a gift, and I appreciate it, my mother did also. Now I want to take this one step further.
We have been given instinct (for survival purposes, matter-of-fact, I trust my instinct more than my thinking or feelings, they are normally correct, or ore correct); also the nuclear family we have been given, or group for social outlets care and comfort, any sociologist, or anthropologist will confirm that it is important for one to become a healthy whole person, and this group socializing is part of that issue. We also have been given reproduction, meaning: a way to continue with our species. In-between, all this we have been given intuition, a tinge different than instinct, it makes us seek out and find our God (we can also call it spirituality), some folks choose something less than God to fill this hole, but be that as it may, he will never feel complete filling it with anything less.
Now I must go on to the third step of my essay, to windup what I am leaning towards. Today in America, we’ve all but lost our family importance (as did Rome and so many other great nations of the past). And we are fast losing our need for God (and with all the sorrow about we have lost the appreciation for live, simply look at the suicides): thus, we have only disintegration to look forward to. We evidently have not learned from history, we preserve liberty at the cost of producing inequality, or disparity—take your pick. It is a shame; perhaps we should look around us, and see that liberty is not all it is made up to be, those rights we seek, without responsibility. Peru is learning that lesson now. Lawlessness runs ramped there because everyone yells ‘liberty’, and the robber, also, and the police do little, because of liberty, their hands are tied. Perhaps it would be less dangerous to live with a little less liberty, and a little more fairness and laws that do not tie ones hands.
In Peru, the robber is somewhat safe; in America he is thrown in prison for little things, and lives off the taxes of the people. In both case liberty has lost its luster.

11-13-2007

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home