Saturday, April 18, 2009

Commentary on Poetic Myth: "The Dramatist and the Myth"

Commentary on Poetic Myth:
“The dramatist and the myth”


The dramatist and the myth, in creating a myth, for my part anyways, is rejecting some features, developing others I will make into an epic or poetic myth, be it poetic prose I use or whatever form of verse, as I see the material I have, and the characters I will be using, looking at myths of course and perhaps within my own, criticizing each character, this creates an unholy passion, despair, did not Plato use this? Do you think that makers of myth don’t drag in the gods for a purpose, for a reason? Of course they do, it was a way to explain the unexplainable, the inexplicable in itself. Tragedy fills us like pasta.
Socrates even indicated: if you cannot relate an event to any cause, bring out the deities, and so I have in many of my myths, filling the gaps I call it. And so it is that a epic perhaps becomes attributed to the gods or should be, it’s better said that way than to ones own imagination.
If evil be of Satan alone and not the nature in man, to be made perfect, who then can we blame? Now we can’t blame anyone for our jealousy or hatred, the gods made me this way, or the gods made me do it, or the demon, or Satan. How about you take the blame? Oh gosh, really.

In all the stories I have worked on in this category the personification of mortal passions, exists, or can exist in the immortal we even take it them our graves beyond. And so is the story of Adam a myth, a story misunderstood? Or is the story I wrote called “Portrait of Tishpak: King of Erech” myth or fact? Or for that matter, Plato’s Atlantis? If a man errs, it is through ignorance, doubt, or wisdom. And when he struggles to share his story, of past myths, fluctuations appear. A lust to know is no longer a lust once grasped. Thus, often times its value is in the unknown, as in the terror of death, once death occurs, perhaps it turns into more of a gift of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home