Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mr. Castro: “So long…and good luck”

Mr. Castro: “So long…and good luck”


Today the world was told Fidel Castro has terminal cancer. I don’t wish anyone bad luck not even him, and you can’t get much worse luck than that, but I think the old dictator has had his share of good luck these past 45-years (plus), with the whores he brings through the backdoors of his palace, as I was told by the many folks who watched his palace when I was in Havana, watched them come and go (horde his money also). Perhaps they are liars, but it would seem they got no more to lose than gain by telling me a fib. Alas, he will not be returning back to power I would guess that may be a relief for the country he has put under his heal. In addition, he has won a few victories; he can talk about in the hereafter.
This 80-year old crony of the out of date Leninism, or Communism, will now have to face his maker: it often bewilders me, what then? I mean, you cause havoc for 40-years, and everyone thinks they are headed towards the pearly gates, only to look stray-eyed into the lions mouth of death, and join the rest of the dictators like him, in the worm chambers of Hell. Perhaps he thinks he will be pardoned like the man on the cross at the last minute: nothing new, most of us feel that way. Something tells me this will not happen, the heart has to tell the soul, something more than ‘pretty please.’ I will grieve for him and his kind, but perhaps not too long. The world has seen too many of his kind in my day; I hope Cuba can find someone saner to be ruled by. I shall say a prayer on that. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish him hell; I just can’t see who else would take him in; he can’t be the head honcho in Heaven, and perchance he might make corporal in Hell, and where else is there? Perhaps the silent grave would be better, and a death wishes for him. But I shall say my goodbyes early, so I don’t have to write anymore on him. It would be nice if he opened some doors for his people he slammed them on, in those 45-years he ruled with an iron hand; before he hits the road, but that would be too much to ask for. So long Mr. Castro, and good luck. [11/12/2006]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home